Sunday, February 12, 2012

The First Weekend, Part Two

After my post last night, I was talking to a cousin at a family party, and told him what my project was. At first he was confused that I was making a flash mob (for those who do not know, I tend to be known as a major rule-follower, and my cousins seem to think this especially), but then basically outlined my entire plan from the start of the project, and seemed enthused about the idea, and willing to participate. Know it or not, when I talked to people about my project last year I was getting similar reactions. I take this as a (kind of) good thing that people are so willing to participate.
Today, I read a paper from a student at Harvard on flash mobs, and he focused mainly on the origins and the causes that was not just the technological side like previous articles have emphasized, or purely the social aspect, as another previous article has. It has also provided some unique flash mobs for me to research as well.