As previously mentioned, I was going to do a flash mob today... Didn't work so well. Everyone was preoccupied with other events and the lunchroom was almost empty. Outside people were doing hay bale tosses so it was kind of loud... The cd player couldn't be heard at all from 20 feet away! We then tried to have it played over the speakers in the lunchroom, but it was practically empty! So it was kind of a bust.
The phone interview was a lot better, I could hear the recording really well when I played it back, I just need to send it to my phone instead of my brother's iPod, so I can do that tonight. You can barely hear Conroe Brooks on the phone, so to get any quotes from him will be a struggle, but Staci Lawrence was a lot easier to hear and she spoke a lot more. I almost ran out of questions for the time I was given, but thankfully I was given answers that helped to branch off into other questions. I got some really good information from some of the questions, and it kind of doubled the message of more planning that I got from today's flash mob attempt. They can spend hundreds of hours to plan a single dance, and I didn't spend nearly that on the planning for today. On another note, I'm surprisingly hyper despite going to the midnight showing of The Hunger Games (awesome) so I can't even blame anything that happened today on lack of sleep. I know now though that if I want good results to plan and have practices and use social networking more effectively to spread the word. The weather outside is so distracting... It's so nice out, which would have been awesome if I had been successful with the flash mob today. One thing that I definitely got out of both experiences is that if you ask the right people, you can get help. Today when the cd player failed miserably, I ran to the office, and they were really helpful about playing it over the PA system, even if it didn't work so well on participation. With the interview, it was a lot easier to get in contact with people than I thought it would be, and they were really helpful with answering questions.
On the other hand, I got a no from the NYC Police Department, but I can always try Philadelphia, and I think I would get more answers from that end than from NYC, as Philadelphia had the 'flash robs' as a serious problem.